Chatter Box
A bit of everything

Rupee's New Identity

It was a plesant surprise yesterday when I noticed my restaurant bill contained the new rupee symbol. I ignored it initially as the figure at the bottom was more important. It's only during my second glance that I noticed the bill actually featured the new rupee symbol. It was such a great feeling to see the gentleman (the restaurant manager) embrace the rupee sign and use place it religiously before every item in the bill.

The incident reminded of me of my duty - to educate people around me about the new development and the importance of adopting the new symbol in their daily lives.

I always wondered why Indian Rupee didn't have a symbol as the $ or the relatively new €. The Indian government's brain at last worked and the result is a sign for the Indian currency which is simple yet resonates the Indian culture.

Kudos to IITian Uday Kumar for his efforts and sincere thanks to the government for seeking public opinion on this prestigious symbol.
2 comments:

But sir how can write this font in my twitter and facebook profile, please help!


This is easy, first write in Microsoft Word and then copy-paste into your profile, enjoy!

Auto Insurance Companies
Weight Loss Success Stories
Petrol Price in India
Website collection
YouTube Video


Bienvenido!


Enjoy reading.


Please feed my Comments Section and also the fish in the container below.

Hi I'm

My photo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Male and married.