Chatter Box
A bit of everything

A Super Speciality Experience

A couple of days back, my granny was admitted in Yashoda Super Speciality Hospital, Malakpet, Hyderabad as she was complaining of severe breathing problem.

I always had a very poor opinion of private, especially the multi-specialty and super specialty hospitals. I was under the notion that they were purely money-minded, and of course there is no denying that they aren't, and charge high amounts from patients just to finance the big equipments which were bought investing huge amounts.

But, my opinion changed 180 degrees after I saw the care and the attention paid to my granny. They were very prompt in giving her food, medicines and asking her condition. In one situation, my granny fainted and my grandfather, who was then with her as only one person was allowed inside, panicked and called for help. Two nurses, one ICCU doctor, one head doctor and two assistants with a wheel cot came to the rescue and within no time she was in the ICCU. The ambiance and the smile on the faces of all the employees there made my granny feel very comfortable.

Now that she is back to our nest, I thought I should write my experience. Though the bill was a bit fat, the kind of service they rendered deserves a special mention.

A sudden thought flashed, why cannot a government hospital with enormous funds and staff do the same so that even the poor can enjoy a similar service.

Hope this becomes a reality soon!
5 comments:

Good that your granny is abck home. I wish her good health.

As for the pvt. hospitals, well they HAVE to give good services since they charge so much. But the fact is, that for every one satisfied client, there are several angry and frustrated ones too.


I wish your granny long life ...


Hope she is doing fine now. You are quite lucky to have got that kind of service. I have been to most super specialty hospitals in Hyderabad. I believe our hospitals still have a long way to go in giving that kind of service to patients that they want to come back.


thank you all for wishing her atb.


At the first place, I wish your grandmother long life!!!

I thoroughly agree with Akhil. We fall in the frustrated lot.

Few years ago, my grandmother had been admitted in the same hospital with a severe respiratory problem. Keeping aside the fact that we ended up paying a heavy bill, we had almost lost hopes that she would be back at home with all her energy. She was supported on an oxygen cylinder in ICU, where she could not see any of us other than the equipment and the nurses once in an hour or so. It appeared as though; she was losing interest in life. That was the time when my Dad & other family members decided to get her discharged from that den. They thought that, she would be alright, if she is brought back home, seeing her kith and kin around her!

She proved my dad right. Soon after she got discharged from the hospital and was brought back home, she started showing some signs of improvement..!!! I think that is the power of family ties. By God’s grace she is doing well. Till date, we keep thanking GOD for prompting us to take the right decision. Otherwise, God alone should know what would have happened to her, is she was left to the confines of that ICU!!!


Bienvenido!


Enjoy reading.


Please feed my Comments Section and also the fish in the container below.

Hi I'm

My photo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Male and married.